Re: [Videolib] query: PBS video featuring Christopher Hogwood

Wed, 05 Nov 2003 14:57:59 -0800

Howz bout

Early musical instruments

David Munrow
1976
English Visual Material : Videorecording : VHS tape 6 videocassettes (30
min. ea.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities,

Musical instruments which are ancestors to modern ones are the subject of
this series, which teaches what the instruments look and sound like and how
they are played, and places them in historical context.

At 03:10 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>A professor here wants to use what she remembers as a video that aired on
>PBS and featured conductor Christopher Hogwood comparing baroque music as
>played on period instruments versus modern instruments. I've had no luck
>searching for it so I suspect it may be contained in a video of a specific
>performance. Does it ring a bell with any of you?
>

>Christopher Lewis
>Media Librarian/Humanities Collection Manager
>American University Library
>202.885.3257
>AIM: congolene
>
>Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance
>like nobody's watching.
> - Satchel
>Paige

UC Berkeley