RE: [Videolib] Film source? "Real Women Have Curves"

Laroi Lawton (laroi.lawton@bcc.cuny.edu)
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:18:08 -0500

Marilyn:

You might to try Baker & Taylor Entertainment at 1.800.775.2600

LaRoi Lawton
Bronx Community College
Bronx, NY 10453
Laroi.Lawton@bcc.cuny.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Marilyn Huntley [mailto:mhuntley@hamilton.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 3:43 PM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Film source? "Real Women Have Curves"

Hello all -
A student organization is hoping to sponsor a public showing of the HBO
movie "Real Women Have Curves" (2002, director Patricia Cardoso). I found
that our library can purchase a DVD, and in fact, it's already on order,
but what I'm looking for now is a distributor with public performance rights.

I called Swank, where some of the HBO films are licensed, but they say they
will not be carrying this one. I suspect it might not be available anywhere
yet for licensing in a non-theatrical venue, because I believe it just
premiered on HBO during October.

Can anyone help me with information about licensing this film? Thanks in
advance.
Marilyn Huntley

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687