Re: [Videolib] Just to depress you guys

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 08:45:41 -0400

When I initially inquired about the "Fish" video, I was told that it was
not for intended for a Circulation Library, but for an "end user". I think
they've stepped away from that attitude now, but I previously was not left
under the impression that my copy was "allowed" to be circulated.

Just my 2.0375 cents adjusted for inflation, taxes, and cost of living.

Mark
***********************************
At 08:11 PM 10/23/03, you wrote:
>On 10/23/03 11:34 AM "Cartford, Peter, JCL" <CartfordP@jocolibrary.org> sent
>this out:
>
> > PS I just looked it up on the Web and had the price wrong--it's
> > actually $690 on VHS ($790 on DVD), for a 17 minute program!
>
>And I thought that libraries were only allowed to purchase the video for
>"internal use only" and NOT for circulation.
>
>Circulation by libraries would not be in the copyright holders' economic
>interest, would it?
>
>They're used to making the big $$$ off of "Fish".
>
>Rick Faaberg

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8