Re: [Videolib] DVD circulation counts prior to damage

Jonathan Degan (jdegan@uottawa.ca)
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:34:54 -0400

Earlier this year I did brief comparison for our small collection of DVDs
(approx. 100, compared to 7000 VHS titles) to see if it was economical to
continue buying them. I could not find a link between total count and
condition. Some had high use counts and in excellent condition; some had
low counts with noticeable wear n' tear.

I have as yet to replace a title due to being damaged. We now have have
circ. clerks doing a quick visual inspection on the disc as they are
checked in, and anything major is brought to my attention.

Jon Degan