RE: [Videolib] PPR question

Lynne Bisko (lbisko@elon.edu)
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:37:34 -0400

Elon University

336.278.6587

lbisko@elon.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis McGuire [mailto:dmcguire@colum.edu]=20
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 3:19 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] PPR question

I've been asked by the faculty of the television department for a list
of titles for which we have PPR. The department wants to broadcast, on
an in-house channel, a variety of materials. They foresee using
entertainment, educational (supplements to the curriculum) and
informational (usually grouped around a theme, say, African American
titles for Black History Month) titles. =20

I inherited the A/V department last year and have found that no one
recorded what titled were purchased with PPR. Has anyone here ever had
to compile such a list without having that information readily
available? Anyone have suggestion as to how I might approach this
project? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dennis=20
=20

-------------------=20
Dennis McGuire=20
Head of Digital and Media Services=20
Columbia College Chicago=20
624 S. Michigan Ave.=20
Chicago, IL 60605=20
(v) 312.344.7434=20
(f) 312.344.8062=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C39706.EFE43CFA

Message

Dennis,

I've been=20 developing the same type of list as our Women's Studies department wants = to run=20 a film festival in the spring. In addition to keeping track of what new = films I=20 order that have PPR, I've also searched our catalog for records = that=20 contain notes stating the film has PPR, as well as identified which = films we own=20 that we got from distributors that sell the film with PPR. There are = ususally=20 some restrictions, such as not charging admission for=20 viewing, spelled out on the distributor's web site (e.g., on = the=20 ordering info or FAQ pages). Women Make Movies, Films for = Humanities &=20 Sciences, and First Run/Icarus Films are examples of the = distributors we=20 order from that offer PPR.

Good=20 luck!

Lynne

Lynne BiskoNon-print Librarian

Elon University