Re: [Videolib] Farewell to arms (1932)

MileFilms@aol.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 09:01:02 EDT

--part1_ac.48d99d56.2cb8078e_boundary

In a message dated 10/9/03 11:49:40 PM, bltata@aurora.lib.il.us writes:

> I could be wrong, but wasn't this restored a few years ago?=A0 I remember
> because they showed a clip of the last scene where ghosts of the soldiers
> marched across the screen, or something like that.=A0 Of course, my memory=
may
> be way off base.
>=20

UCLA did restore this film beautifully, but it hasn't been put out on video=20
yet. Since it's a public domain title, there's a lot of bad versions out the=
re.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_ac.48d99d56.2cb8078e_boundary

I could be wrong, but= wasn't this restored a few years ago?=A0 I remember
because they showed a clip of the last scene where ghosts of the soldiers marched across the screen, or something like that.=A0 Of course, my memory m= ay
be way off base.

UCLA did restore this film beautifully, but it hasn't been put out on vid= eo yet. Since it's a public domain title, there's a lot of bad versions out=20= there.