Re: [Videolib] Informal Quick One Question Survey:

Patti McVay Gorrell (pmcvay@wooster.edu)
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:20:17 -0400

Dear Lisa,

At The College of Wooster/Ohio we're located in the Libraries and for the
past 25 years, we reported to the Library Director.

In July 2003, we split the responsibilities and the Media Library (media
collection & music/language/media reserves, media acquisitions &
cataloging, media circulation, etc.) fall under a Manager (me) that reports
to the Library Director. Although we use the same circulation system and
model our policies & procedures on the Libraries', I'm not consider part of
the Circulation team but an independent area. However, I do assist with the
general circulation areas when they need me and vice-versa.

The Lab (viewing, listening, computers, i-movie, cd-burning, all
production, etc.) fall under a Manager (tech) that reports to the IT
department. They remodeled the Lab areas this summer and are still working
through the procedures, policies, announcements, etc., so the overall
success of this venture is still to be determined.

Good luck, Patti

At 01:28 PM 10/9/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>For Academic Media Librarians::
>
>Can you tell me where your Media Center/Services Department belongs
>in your overall Library structure/organizational hierarchy?
>
>Is it part of Reference? Circulation/Access? Systems? Independent?
>
>Any info regarding reporting structure is greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Lisa Flanzraich

Patricia McVay Gorrell
The College of Wooster