RE: The cross and the switchblade--on DVD! [was:RE: [Videolib] WA

Tatar, Becky (
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 16:30:51 -0500

We would really put this in our fiction/feature film category, since that is
really how it is promoted. It isn't a documentary. Just like "All the
President's Men" is a feature film, or "Malcolm X" with Denzel Washington.
If it was nonfiction, I think that the majority of the film would be
interviews with the real David Wilkerson and Nicky Cruz, with some dramatic
reenactments. Just my 2 cents.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street
Aurora, IL 60505
PHONE: 630-264-4100
FAX: 630-896-3209

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike Tribby []
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 12:34 PM
To: ''
Subject: The cross and the switchblade--on DVD! [was:RE: [Videolib] WAY
OF F TOPIC: ex-cub factor]

Geez, Gary. The Cubs making it this far only happens once every 100 years
or so...

but I digress.

We are now the happy distributors of the DVD of that favorite of the fire
and brimstone set, The Cross and the Switchblade. I hope this is a stupid
question, but would any of you who classify your videos have this classed as
non-fiction? I know the book is non-fiction, but it strikes me that we may
be headed toward disappointing our customers who desire to own this program
on DVD.

Oh yeah--special DVD features? You don't want to know... It is, by the
way, digitally remastered, but not in surround sound.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.