RE: [Videolib] films/journal articles in French about theatre

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 08:27:13 -0500

For French films that include plays/actors/the theatre world as part of the
story:

The Last Metro (Truffaut)
Children of Paradise (Carne)
Va Savoir (Rivette; the play is in Italian, but the movie is set in Paris)
I'm Going Home (Oliveira)

John Holland
Chicago Public Library
Popular Library
400 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 747-4113

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Danette
Pachtner
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 2:57 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] films/journal articles in French about theatre

Dear Colleagues,
A professor of ours is planning a French language course built around the
idea of theatre depicted in film. He's looking for French language film
adaptations of plays, plays included in the plots of films, etc.
Similarly, he'd like to find journal articles (in French) that explore the
theatre/film relationship. I've just begun to explore our various
databases, but I was hoping ideas/recommendations might jump out at you.
Brainstorming, anyone?
Thanks for the collaboration,
Danette Pachtner
Duke University / Lilly Library