RE: [Videolib] WAY OFF TOPIC

John F. Fossett (john@krl.org)
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:09:08 -0700

Buckner played 22 seasons, hit .289 life-time with over 2700 hits. Only 50
or so major-leaguers have had more hits in their careers. Buckner won a
National League batting title when he played for the Cubs! Too bad the only
thing anyone remembers about the man is that he let a ball go through his
legs in Game 6 of the '86 World Series. He was plagued by ankle injuries
during that season and could barley walk from the dugout to first base after
the 4th inning. Maybe, just maybe, he should have been watching the game
from the bench in the 10th inning instead of playing.
He was traded in 1987 and returned to the Sox as a free agent in 1990 where
he played 22 games and hit an inside-the-park homerun in Fenway. He retired
at the end of the season.
Regards,
John
http://espn.go.com/page2/s/simmons/021016.html

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:53:46 -0500 , Mike Tribby wrote

John F. Fossett
Media Librarian
Kitsap Regional Library
(360)405-9101