Re: [Videolib] films/journal articles in French about theatre

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:02:54 -0700

Do these have to be feature films? I have a not-too-complete list of
French literary and theatre adaptations along with straight filmed plays
(in French) at http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/frenchculture.html#works

At 03:56 PM 10/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>A professor of ours is planning a French language course built around the
>idea of theatre depicted in film. He's looking for French language film
>adaptations of plays, plays included in the plots of films, etc.
>Similarly, he'd like to find journal articles (in French) that explore the
>theatre/film relationship. I've just begun to explore our various
>databases, but I was hoping ideas/recommendations might jump out at you.
>Brainstorming, anyone?
>Thanks for the collaboration,
>Danette Pachtner
>Duke University / Lilly Library