Re: [Videolib] best horror films ever

Jonathan Miller (jmiller@frif.com)
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 17:02:02 -0400

--=====================_93033875==.ALT

The Black Cat

Category: Horror/Suspense
Director:
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,42169,00.html>Edgar
G. Ulmer
Cast:
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,8209,00.html>Boris
Karloff,
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,9659,00.html>Bela
Lugosi,
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,9968,00.html>David
Manners,
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,16626,00.html>Jacqueline
Wells,
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,23499,00.html>Lucille
Lund,
<http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies//Facts/People/0,12,815,00.html>Henry
Armetta
Running Time: 1 hr 5 mins
Distributor: Universal Studios Home Video
spend the night at the sinister house of Herr Poelzig. AKA: "House of Doom."

At 10:33 AM 10/7/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>boo! stay clear of best lists...you gonna include slasher films?
>
>Here are my faves (not necessary in order of preference or fright)
>
>Eyes without a face (dir Georges Franju, 1959)
>Dead of the Night (Ealing Studios, 1945)
>The Birds (Hitchcock)
>Cat People (dir Jacques Tourneur, 1942)
>Freaks (dir James Whale, 1932)
>Carnival of Souls (dir Herk Harvey, 1962)
>Bride of Frankenstein (dir James Whale 1935)
>Night of the Living Dead
>Carrie
>Fearless Vampire Killers
>The Fly (Cronenberg, 1986)
>Island of Lost Souls (Laughton NOT (for God sake) Brando--a horror unto
>himself) (dir Directed by Erle C. Kenton, 1932)
>
>At 12:17 PM 10/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>>Does anyone know of a good list of the 10 best horror films? Something
>>reasonably authoritative? I have looked at the AFI 100 most thrilling
>>list, but that includes too many non-horror titles. It is newsletter
>>time, and I'd like to highlight the best of horror in our
>>collection. Thanks! Go Sox!
>>M.T.

>Gary Handman
>Director
>Media Resources Center
>Moffitt Library
>UC Berkeley
>ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
>http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
>"In societies where modern conditions of production prevail,
> all of life presents itself as an immense accumulation of
> spectacles."
> --Guy Debord

Jonathan Miller, President
First Run/Icarus Films, Inc.
32 Court Street, 21st Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11201 USA

Tel. 1.718.488.8900
Fax. 1.718.488.8642
web: www.frif.com
email: jmiller@frif.com

The Black Cat

Category: Horror/Suspense
Director: Edgar G. Ulmer
Cast: Boris Karloff, Bela Lugosi, David Manners, Jacqueline Wells, Lucille Lund, Henry Armetta