Re: RE: [Videolib] best horror films ever

Bonnie Brown (bonnie.brown@nyu.edu)
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 16:33:23 -0400

I feel tempted myself to do the same:

1) Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original of course)

2) Night of the Living Dead (again, the original)

3) The Excorcist

4) The Brood (among other Cronenberg horror films)

5) Freaks (Tod Browning's '32 film)

6) Rosemary's Baby

7) The Shining

8) The Evil Dead I & II

9) The Changeling

10) Carnival of Souls

I could go on and on:
The Omen, Last House on the Left, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Psycho, The Birds, etc. I could keep going...

Bonnie Brown
Avery Fisher Center
Bobst Library
New York University