Re: [Videolib] best horror films ever

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:33:11 -0700

boo! stay clear of best lists...you gonna include slasher films?

Here are my faves (not necessary in order of preference or fright)

Eyes without a face (dir Georges Franju, 1959)
Dead of the Night (Ealing Studios, 1945)
The Birds (Hitchcock)
Cat People (dir Jacques Tourneur, 1942)
Freaks (dir James Whale, 1932)
Carnival of Souls (dir Herk Harvey, 1962)
Bride of Frankenstein (dir James Whale 1935)
Night of the Living Dead
Carrie
Fearless Vampire Killers
The Fly (Cronenberg, 1986)
Island of Lost Souls (Laughton NOT (for God sake) Brando--a horror unto
himself) (dir Directed by Erle C. Kenton, 1932)

At 12:17 PM 10/7/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a good list of the 10 best horror films? Something
>reasonably authoritative? I have looked at the AFI 100 most thrilling
>list, but that includes too many non-horror titles. It is newsletter
>time, and I'd like to highlight the best of horror in our
>collection. Thanks! Go Sox!
>M.T.

UC Berkeley

spectacles."