RE: [Videolib] WAY OFF TOPIC

Mike Tribby (mike.tribby@quality-books.com)
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:53:46 -0500

Billy Buck is still a fan favorite in Chicago, his disastrous defensive
lapse having occurred in the employ of the Red Sox. Now Leon Durham, on the
other hand, is a scary memory in Cubdom, for a very similar defensive lapse
in another playoff situation.

With all the "travel" days scheduled into the TV-friendly playoff and series
formats, I like the Cubs' chances since they should be able to get four
starts out of Prior and Wood in each series.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Albrecht [mailto:albrechs@wabash.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 7:18 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] WAY OFF TOPIC

If it's Cubs vs. BoSox, I don't know if we should go re-activating old
players. Someone might bring Buckner back...and then both teams would
argue over who (has to) take him. Now, don't get me wrong--I actually
always loved Billy Buck--it's just that I don't want to hear that "between
the legs" fiasco relived AGAIN.

Susan ... who's insanely jealous, Jessica.

At 05:57 PM 10/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>If there's any baseball gods watching, the Series should be the BoSox
>against Chicago, Chicago winning the 7th game, at Chicago(I know, AL
>has home field), Ernie reactivated to pinch hit in the 9th, grand slam
>wins! ;>
>
>Becky

Susan Albrecht
Acquisitions Coordinator