RE: [Videolib] Desperately seeking Billie Whitelaw

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:27:27 -0500

I don't know if it is the same collection or not (the sleeve says 1988
copyright and South German Radio Stuutgart) but there is a collection of "3
Plays by Samuel Beckett" with Billie Whitelaw available from Films for the
Humanities. It includes EH JOE, FOOTFALLS, and ROCKABY.

There is another video of the first performance of ROCKABY that includes a
documentary about the creation of the piece, and in that there is an excerpt
of Whitelaw performing NOT I (or should I say, her mouth performing it).
That video is produced by Pennebaker Hegedus Films in NY - (212) 496-9195. I
am not aware of a complete perfomance of it by her, or HAPPY DAYS either.

John Holland
Chicago Public Library
Popular Library
400 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 747-4113

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Francis C
Poole
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:58 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Desperately seeking Billie Whitelaw

Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who knows of a
lending or for sale copy of NOT I with Billie Whitelaw or HAPPY DAYS with
Billie Whitelaw.

Also need a copy of SHADES/three plays by Samuel Beckett
BBC. 1977. With Billie Whitelaw.

Thanks in advance.

Francis Poole
Instructional Media Department