Re: [Videolib] Film Index Int'l vs.

Gary Handman (
Thu, 02 Oct 2003 11:45:13 -0700

For openers... (and IMDB) are hobbyist databases, with most of the
information submitted from the great unwashed, popcorn-fuelled ranks of
film enthusiasts.

FII is produced by the British Film Institute, and, one must assume, veddy
veddy authoritative. FII also provides links to article citations and
other references about the films.

The FII and AFI catalog (along with the FIAF Index) would be my three
desert island reference sources for film.

At 01:37 PM 10/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>Has anyone done a systematic comparison of's coverage vs. Film
>Index International's? We have the latter on CD-ROM, are considering
>subscribing to the electronic version, and got mentioned in
>the discussion.
>Thanks for your input.
>Danette Pachtner
>Duke University / Lilly Library