RE: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Bergman, Barbara J (barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu)
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:23:35 -0500

Hey, maybe that would be a way to get the Commencement people to quit
asking us to make a bizillion duplicates... <evil grin>

-----Original Message-----
From: Media2 [mailto:media2@bellatlantic.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2003 1:28 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Barb,
<snip>

> Before anyone gets excited about copyright, . . . . . videos of last
> springs Commencement ceremony.

Well, I'm really not that excited, because I'm sure the college has
model releases for all the students whose faces can be identified in the

video, as well as permissions and clearances for any music used or
poetry read during the ceremony. Of course that would include clearance
to record the music and the performance of the poetry and to duplicate
it for later distribution . . . .etc, etc, ad nauseum . . . . . 8-^ he
said, tongue planted firmly in cheek.

MLR