Re: [Videolib] subject query

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:22:15 -0700

--=====================_14767593==_.ALT

Hi

How about

And Woman Wove It in a Basket.
This documentary interweaves three themes: several legends, including
the legend of the first cedar basket; black and white photos and films of
Klikitat Indians fishing and daily life; contemporary scenes of Nettie
Kuneki and her family preparing materials and weaving cedar baskets. A
film by Bushra Azzouz, Marlene Farnum 70 min.
Women Make Movies (www.wmm.com)

Hopi: Songs of the Fourth World.
An in-depth look at the meaning of the Hopi way, a philosophy of
living in balance with nature. Describes the Hopi philosophy of life,
death, and renewal as revealed in the interweaving life cycles of humans
and corn plants. 58 min. A film by Pat Ferrero
New Day films http://www.newday.com/films/Hopi_Songs.html

Honored by the Moon.
Native American lesbians and gay men talk about their lives. They
speak of their unique historical and spiritual role, and of the sacredness
associated with being lesbian or gay and having the power to bridge the
worlds of male and female. 1990. 15 min. A film by Mona Smith
Women Make Movies (www.wmm.com)

Other good stuff by women at http://www.wmm.com/advscripts/subjectmain.asp

At 02:12 PM 9/29/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
>Just got a request from a student which we thought your collective wisdom
>might be able to help us out with. The student is looking for films
>(either features or documentaries) directed by women and concerning the
>Indians of North America.
>
>If you've got any titles that fit the bill, we'd love to hear about
>them. You can either post to the list, or email me directly at
>sjg@psulias.psu.edu and I'll see that the student gets the information.
>
>Thanks a bunch!
>
>Stephanie J. Gates -- Acquisitions Assistant
>Media and Technology Support Services (MediaTech)
>203 Special Services Building, State College, PA 16803
>863-3103 / 800-826-0132 / alternate email: sjg13@psu.edu
>www.libraries.psu.edu/mtss

UC Berkeley

spectacles."