RE: [Videolib] Naming Library Space

Stephanie Andrew (stephanie.andrew@yale.edu)
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:59:07 -0400

--=====================_25096306==_.ALT

You're absolutely right. The direct "Check out here" makes sense. And
then make sure that everyone in the library calls it that.
My former public library did put "Check Out" in large letters above the
bank of checkout registers--but still used "circulation" or, worse, "circ
desk" in written handouts (and often our verbal instructions). But I think
we finally let go (and kept our jargon in-house, retaining the "Circ Dept.")