RE: [Videolib] Performance rights? Blood of the Beasts (1949),

John Holland (jholland@chipublib.org)
Mon, 29 Sep 2003 08:14:57 -0500

Chicago Public Library had some 16mm prints on a license agreement from
Grove Press, and when we were closing out the collection I found that Grove
Press turned all of their film holdings over to the Harvard Film Archives,
24 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138. The person you should contact is
Steffen Pierce - (617) 496-6607. We didn't have a print of WEEGEE'S NEW
YORK, but I gather they now control all the rights (or at least can point
you in the right direction if they don't).

John Holland
Chicago Public Library
Popular Library
400 S. State Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(312) 747-4113

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Marilyn
Huntley
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 9:32 AM
To: Videolib
Subject: [Videolib] Performance rights? Blood of the Beasts (1949),
Weegee's New York

Good morning,
I have a professor who has his own copies of these films, and wants to use
them for an advertised showing. Does anyone know of a U.S. distributor who
holds the public performance rights for these 2 titles? Or - silly question
- would either one be okay to show without licensing?

Weegee's New York - 16mm film - 1948/1953, Weegee (aka Arthur Fellig), from
Cinema 16 and/or Grove Press

Blood of the Beasts (Le sang des betes) - videotape - 1949, by Georges
Franju

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Marilyn Huntley

(Film Scheduling & Rentals)
Audiovisual Classrm Svcs, 408 C. A. Johnson Hall
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd, Clinton NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687