RE: [Videolib] DVD security

Jaeschke, Myles (mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org)
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:20:07 -0500

Media Center
Tulsa City-County Library

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprague@riponlibrary.org [mailto:Sprague@riponlibrary.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 11:36 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] DVD security

Hi,

We've had nothing but trouble using the overlays on DVD discs. We tried
about ten of them and have had to remove them all due to patrons
returning them adn saying they cannot play them in their DVD players.
We have tried some on our staff players and had the same results. We
have since decided to leave the empty cases on the shelves and store the
discs in "flip bridges" (www.ergoindemand.com) behind the desk. We
haven't lost a disc due to theft since.

Benjamin D. Sprague
Circulation Supervisor /