RE: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Schmitt, Mike (schmittm@uwgb.edu)
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:44:01 -0500

I use the Panasonic DMR-T 3040 DVD recorder and record from VHS, or any format for that matter, direct onto DVD-R. When using good quality discs you will have few problems. No compatability issues thus far. I don't use the hard drive portion of the unit much but rather focus on DVD recording since I am handing it out to others at the university.

Full Compass Systems in Madison has an excellent price on the unit.

Hope this helps,

Mike Schmitt
UW-Green Bay
Media Services

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Gary Handman
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 7:07 PM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: RE: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Hi...am I misunderstanding the question. Most of the standalone
DVD burners out on the
market (panasonic, et al) have built in D/A A/D conversion
capability... If not, you can buy a sony converter for under $300.
You simply rig up a VCR to the burner, push play and push record on the
burner. No computer involved.

or is that not the question?

UC Berkeley, CA 94720-6000