RE: [Videolib] Library catalog system owner sues book-based New

Sharon Herfurth (herfurth@ctls.net)
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:20:50 -0500

Here in the Central Texas Library System, which covers 72 public libraries
in 30 counties, probably no more than 10 public libraries are paying members
of OCLC.
Sharon Herfurth
Central Texas Library System
Austin, Texas

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-bounces@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Mark W. Kopp
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 9:42 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Library catalog system owner sues book-based New
York hotel

I am not a "Librarian", but I play one (sort of) at work, so please forgive
me for my lack of background in asking this question.

Do libraries pay to use the Dewey Decimal System? Does anyone else pay to
use the numbering system, and to whom do they send the check? Would not a
deviation from the original Dewey configuration, no longer be the Dewey
system?