RE: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Steve Matthew (matthew@fau.edu)
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:54:35 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C3828A.3E6CEED0

Barbara,

=20

You can use a stand alone or tabletop DVD recorder and VCR to do this.

=20

The Panasonic DMR T3030 is one model that accepts analog inputs. =20

=20

The paragraph below is taken from Panasonic's site
http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/dvd_recorder/dvd_recorder.a=
sp#
feature1

=20

Improved Video Quality in Analog-to-Digital Transfer
Input TBC, 3D Y/C separation circuitry, and 3D digital noise reduction =
are
particularly effective when recording from analog video sources such as
conventional VHS or S-VHS VCRs. Input TBC is a built-in time base =
corrector
that delivers highly stable, natural images. The 3D Y/C Separation =
Circuitry
minimizes the dot crawl and color smearing caused by interference =
between
the video signal's Y and C color subcomponents. And, 3D Digital Noise
Reduction effectively removes noise components from the signal during
playback.

=20

Steve

=20