Re: [Videolib] Library catalog system owner sues book-based

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 10:42:05 -0400

I am not a "Librarian", but I play one (sort of) at work, so please forgive
me for my lack of background in asking this question.

Do libraries pay to use the Dewey Decimal System? Does anyone else pay to
use the numbering system, and to whom do they send the check? Would not a
deviation from the original Dewey configuration, no longer be the Dewey system?

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
580 Foot of Ten Road