Re: [Videolib] techie question about DVD conversion

Morbus Iff (morbus@disobey.com)
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:58:30 -0400

>Technical “Is it possible?” question that I thought
>maybe you wise ones may have already investigated…

It's possible, but I've never done it. One of the latest Sony "convergence"
products [1] is a refitted PS2 with TiVo like capabilities: includes full
PS2 capabilities, improved DVD playback, a 180 (or, maybe 120 - can't
remember) hard drive and, more importantly, a DVD-R drive for burning.
Theoretically, you should be able to play a VHS through your TV and record
it onto the hard drive of the PSX (the name of this new product, which is
even more confusing, since gamers nicknamed the original PS1 the PSX), and
then burn it to DVD...

[1] http://ps2.ign.com/articles/421/421027p1.html?fromint=1

--
Morbus Iff ( i put the demon back in codemonkey )
Buy My Book! http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596004605/disobeycom