Re: [Videolib] Previewing videos "on approval" charges/fee policy

R. Hertzler (rhertz@u.washington.edu)
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:01:58 -0700 (PDT)

Pauline,

Golly, my response here (to the distributor, at least) would be, "okay, I
guess we don't need to buy videos from you ever again." If they can't
stand by their product firmly enough to offer a free preview (I'm speaking
here of the relatively small distributors who tend to sell the high-priced
documentary material), I have to wonder if their material is worth the
time and effort involved in a preview anyway. There are plenty of other
top-notch distributors out there who offer outstanding, albeit expensive,
videos and who are very understanding about our shrinking budgets and need
to be sure we're not wasting our money--and DON'T try to caplitalize on
this situation by making a fast buck for a preview! Just my two cents,

Randy Hertzler
Reference Librarian
Media Services Coordinator
UW Libraries Media Center