Re: [Videolib] Previewing videos "on approval" charges/fee policy

Gail Fedak (gfedak@mtsu.edu)
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 16:02:50 -0500

We pay the preview charge and do not ask individual departments or faculty
to pay it - unless the faculty member insists that they want to preview
several titles and the fee mounts up to more than $100. Then I ask the
department chair if s/he is willing to cover the preview charge. When we let
the faculty members know that there will be a charge for each title they
request from said company and that if any of the titles requested are not
purchased the preview fee becomes lost money, they will usually limit the
number of titles they want. I would rather pay the 5% fee and return the
tape than to have to purchase titles without preview priviliges, and be
stuck with $50-$100 titles that faculty won't use and we can't return (or
can return for a 10%-25% restocking fee).
Hope this helps,
Gail B. Fedak
Manager, Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University