Re: [Videolib] DVD storage - suggestions wanted

Morbus Iff (morbus@disobey.com)
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:20:17 -0400

>Hi! I'm interested in ideas on the best way to store DVDs at an academic
>library. I looked through the list archive and found a few threads on the
>topic. But it's been 5-6 months since the most recent discussion, so I
>thought I'd ask again to see if anyone has come up with any better solutions.

Note: I don't work for any library. I joined this list a few weeks ago,
largely because of the same question: my personal collection exceeds 700
DVDs and tapes), and I needed some mass storage, but nicely displayed,
solution. After searching around for a week or so, I finally ended up with
the melamine shelving from mediacases.com [1]:

http://www.globalserve.net/~onestop/melamine.htm

I haven't spoken up solely because I haven't yet gotten one: my first
test unit arrives tomorrow, and I'll be sure to put together a list of:

* ease of assembly.
* sturdiness (bare wood floors).
* tape and dvd counts, spine out.

Anything else people want to hear?

[1] Actually, I ended up with a product they've not yet put on
their site, but it's comparable to the last item on the page.

--
Morbus Iff ( i put the demon back in codemonkey )
Buy My Book! http://amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596004605/disobeycom