RE: [Videolib] DVD/CD protectors

Sprague@riponlibrary.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:29:47 -0500

Hi,

We tried using a similar product, DVDFender, after having some of our
discs become unplayably scratched after only a handful of checkouts.
Unfortunately, the application process is extremely UNreliable - the
labels would bubble and peel off, leaving the discs unreadable (odd
fact: not ONE Disney release would accept a protective label without
becoming unreadable; I actually called their offices, spoke with someone
frmo the video department, and was simply told "we don't recommend you
use such products..." but I digress).

Bottom line: The handful of discs we actually saved because of the
protectors did _not_ outweigh the headaches with simply trying to get
them on the disc, and the large percentage of them which just ended up
getting thrown away.

If someone has had better luck with a different brand or such
protectors, I'd love to hear about it :)

Benjamin D. Sprague
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services
Ripon Public Library