Re: [Videolib] media booking

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:53:00 -0400

--=====================_2992867==.ALT

Barb,

I am on our State-wide committee for the development of a standardized
Media delivery process and I helped develop our current process along with
our Media Library Software vendor. I would very much like to share with you
what we have created. It is quite unique, but it is built specifically for
a Media Center that circulates all types of media and equipment, has an
on-line interface for patrons to book over the Internet, has the capability
to deliver Digital Video (encoded and encrypted to stop downstream copying)
over the Internet to be viewed with a custom-built Media Viewer, and
includes drill-down fields for your specific Academic Standards.

If you, or anyone else, would like, let's discuss on the phone, as it would
be quite lengthy in text.

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator
Instructional Materials Services
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8
At 10:15 AM 9/9/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Due to a planned migration to a new automation system that shall remain
>nameless, were losing our booking module which is integrated with
>circulation. (Their booking module is in development.) So were going to
>need something thats a stand alone.
>
>If I could hear about experiencesgood and badthat you fine folks have had
>with some of the media booking products, it would be much appreciated.
>
>What media booking software do you use?
>
>How well does it meet your needs?
>
>We deal with circulating items, like videos, that can be pre-booked, and
>also equipment that is delivered & picked up.
>
>Barb Bergman
>
>Media Services Librarian
>
>Minnesota State University-Mankato
>
>(507) 389-5945