Re: [Videolib] Vendors for Academic Media centers

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:53:31 -0400

That is such a very, very bad idea. To think that any one entity is an
expert in every field, in an area where there are virtually no limits to
the number of fields, is ludicrous. I couldn't narrow the list to 10 or
even twice that. I would be willing to bet that, other than maybe United
Learning (sarcasm), there aren't even any vendors who think they can be the
only supplier.

The best I can do for you is wish you luck.

Mark W. Kopp

At 10:01 AM 9/9/03 -0400, you wrote:

>Dear Colleagues:
> With such an extensive overview of people on this listserv, I was
> wondering if any of you are aware of any One vendor that a media center
> could use to preview and order items from. In a recent move to streamline
> efficiency, our business department has asked the library and media
> center to attempt to find one vendor for all of our orders. This has
> proven successful with the print items but not with our media items. We
> use a number of vendors and even shop around for better pricing. For many
> years we have used a wide variety of vendors and each time I inform the
> powers that be that the range of specialties is too wide to utilize one
> vendor, I am told to keep looking. Professional Media was suggested and
> called but I have yet to get a phone call back from them on this
> matter. Are there any other vendors out there that specialize in this
> one shop format?
>
>Any suggestions, or ideas would be appreciated.
>

>LaRoi Lawton, Asst. prof./Director
>GSL Learning Resources Center
>Library & Learning Resources Dept.
>Bronx Community College