Re: [Videolib] need help identifying film

Tova Aragon (tovaarag@hotmail.com)
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:40:42 +0000

What came to mind is "Wings of a dove" The book is by Henry James. It has
the "Merchant and Ivory" feel. It is set in Venice but is Edwardian - 1910
about. I don't remember a stabbing by the fountain scene.

"Room with a View" has a scene with a stabbing by a fountain. It is set in
early 1900s in Florence. It is a Ivory film. Based on a book by EM Forster.
Both films star Helena Bonham Carter.

Hope this helps.

Tova Aragon
Adult Services Lead Librarian