Re: [Videolib] need help identifying film

Tova Aragon (
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:40:42 +0000

What came to mind is "Wings of a dove" The book is by Henry James. It has
the "Merchant and Ivory" feel. It is set in Venice but is Edwardian - 1910
about. I don't remember a stabbing by the fountain scene.

"Room with a View" has a scene with a stabbing by a fountain. It is set in
early 1900s in Florence. It is a Ivory film. Based on a book by EM Forster.
Both films star Helena Bonham Carter.

Hope this helps.

Tova Aragon
Adult Services Lead Librarian
Fort Collins Public Library
201 Peterson
Fort Collins, Colorado 80524

Opinions are my own...

>From: Sarah Andrews <>
>Subject: [Videolib] need help identifying film
>Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:57:22 -0500
>Does anyone know the title of this film? It is out on video in the US, and
>this is the only information the patron could remember:
>set in late 18th/early 19th century
>location is Italy, but films "seems" to be American made and is in English
>seems "Merchant and Ivory" like, but not directed by them
>might be based on a novel
>one of the scenes shows someone being stabbed by a fountain
>Thanks for any help you can give me. The patron rented the film, and can't
>remember where--so I can't even narrow it down that way.
>Sarah Andrews
>University of Iowa Libraries
>Videolib mailing list

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at

Videolib mailing list