RE: [Videolib] DAM/age by Arundhati Roy

Elizabeth Stanley (elizabeth@bullfrogfilms.com)
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:14:14 -0400

Barb,

I found references to "DAM/Age" with Arundahati Roy, produced and directed
by Aradhana Seth, on Google today. I understand First Run/Icarus is
distributing the film.

Bullfrog Films offers "Drowned Out: We Can't Wish Them Away," a new video by
Spanner Films, Ltd., directed by Franny Armstrong, about the protests
against the dam on the Narmada River. Author Arundhati Roy is featured in
the documentary, along with families of villagers who have decided to stay
at home and drown, rather than make way for the dam in Central India.

http://www.bullfrogfilms.com/catalog/dout.html

If you need further information, contact us at Bullfrog Films, 800-543-3764.
Thanks.

Elizabeth
www.bullfrogfilms.com

Has anyone heard if there's a distributor for "DAM/age" by Arundhati
Roy, and if so, who it is?

As far as I can tell the film is only making the rounds at film
festivals...

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato