RE: [Videolib] DAM/age by Arundhati Roy

Elizabeth Stanley (
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:14:14 -0400

I found references to "DAM/Age" with Arundahati Roy, produced and directed
by Aradhana Seth, on Google today. I understand First Run/Icarus is
distributing the film.

Bullfrog Films offers "Drowned Out: We Can't Wish Them Away," a new video by
Spanner Films, Ltd., directed by Franny Armstrong, about the protests
against the dam on the Narmada River. Author Arundhati Roy is featured in
the documentary, along with families of villagers who have decided to stay
at home and drown, rather than make way for the dam in Central India.

If you need further information, contact us at Bullfrog Films, 800-543-3764.

> ----------
> Sent: Monday, August 25, 2003 2:51:25 PM
> Subject: [Videolib] DAM/age by Arundhati Roy
> Auto forwarded by a Rule
Has anyone heard if there's a distributor for "DAM/age" by Arundhati
Roy, and if so, who it is?

As far as I can tell the film is only making the rounds at film

Barb Bergman
Media Services Librarian
Minnesota State University-Mankato
(507) 389-5945