Re: [Videolib] Land Without Bread - Las Hurdes

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:19:28 +0200

Dear Holly,

we have bought a copy from BLAKMAN in Buenos Aires (VHS/PAL, 27 min.) in
a rather mediocre picture quality:

BLAKMAN.
Tucumán 1950
(1050) Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Tel./Fax: +541 373-4503 / 373-4895
Contact person: Chilín Martín
Comprehensive list of titles. Transfer to NTSC format.
Publication: Cultura, arte e información en vídeo, information bulletin,
since 1997.
http://www.library.cornell.edu/colldev/LatinAmericanVideos.htm

There is an interesting Dutch documentary by filmmaker Ramón Gieling "De
Gevangenen van Buñuel" (=The prisoners of Bunuel), NL 2000, a sort of
"Making of" which results in a reality check of Bunuel's moviemaking,
which means many people of Las Hurdes were not amused when remembering
Bunuel's film - certainly a nice addition to a DVD edition of this
classic title. http://uk.imdb.com/Title?0263381#comment

with kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin