Re: [Videolib] Cartoons at War

Delin, Peter (delin@zlb.de)
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:44:31 +0200

Dear Gail,

we have bought a similar collection on DVD called "Cartoon Crazys goes
to war". Here is the title list from our catalogue:

Bugs Bunny Bond Rally, by Robert Clampett (1942, 1 min.). Daffy, the
commando by I. Freleng, story by Michael Maltese (1943, 7 min.).
Eleventh hour, by Dan Gordon, story by Carl Meyer, William Turner,
produced by Max & Dave Fleischer (1942, 8 min.). Ding dog daddy, by I.
Freleng, story by Ted Pierce (1942, 8 min.). Falling hare, by Robert
Clampett, story by Warren Foster; (1943, 8 min.). Jerky turky, by Tex
Avery, story by Heck Allen (1945, 7 min.). A tale of two kitties, by
Robert Clampett, story by Warren Foster (1943, 6 min.). Jungle drums, by
Dan Gordon, story by Robert Little, Jay Morton, produced by Max and Dave
Fleischer (1943, 8 min.). Fifth column mouse, by Friz Freleng (1943, 7
min.). Foney fables, by I. Freleng, story by Michael Maltese (1942, 8
min.). Scrap happy Daffy, by Frank Tashlin (supervision), story by Don
Christensen (1943, 7 min.). Hell-bent for election by Charles M. Jones,
story by Robert Lee. (1944, 13 min). Snafuperman, by Friz Freleng (1944,
5 min.). Booby traps, by Robert Clampett (1944, 4 min). Spies, by Chuck
Jones (1943, 3 min.). FMPU animation: 1. Maps and diagrams (3 min.). 2.
Art of war.

This collection published in 1998 is still available from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1572523824/qid=1061551944/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/104-5960357-4076717#product-details

A sampler on VHS with a similar title you are searching for ("The
Cartoons Go to War (1996)" is available at Amazon, too:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6303977200/qid%3D1061552460/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/104-5960357-4076717#product-details

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin