Re: [Videolib] Murder on a Sunday Morning

notaro@stpt.usf.edu
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:18:46 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Randy Pitman <vidlib@videolibrarian.com>:

> John's right, and just as most people wouldn't dream of picking up
> Steinbeck's "East of Eden" to read, a push from Oprah provides that
> much-needed context. I still think it would be wonderful if video
> librarians
> could rally together to create something like a national documentary
> club
> (like Oprah, only on a wee bit smaller scale, dedicated to screening
> and/or
> discussing great documentaries).
>
> The VRT Notable Videos for Adults is a great starting place; if only we
> could promote some of the titles through a venue like a library film
> club.

For the past two years my colleague Rue Herbert has presented a program on the VRT Notable
Videos for Adults at our Florida Library Association's Annual Conference and they have both been
hugely successful. She describes the process, shows parts of the videos, solicits nominations, ans
we serve the popcorn. Maybe others could also present such programs.

Jerry Notaro
University of South Florida St. Petersburg