Re: [Videolib] Murder on a Sunday Morning

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:56:23 -0700

John's right, and just as most people wouldn't dream of picking up
Steinbeck's "East of Eden" to read, a push from Oprah provides that
much-needed context. I still think it would be wonderful if video librarians
could rally together to create something like a national documentary club
(like Oprah, only on a wee bit smaller scale, dedicated to screening and/or
discussing great documentaries).

The VRT Notable Videos for Adults is a great starting place; if only we
could promote some of the titles through a venue like a library film club.

And, I think, the time is right: our local arts theater has
shown--consecutively in the past three weeks--"Spellbound," "Winged
Migration," and "Capturing the Friedmans." I have never, *never* seen any
non-metropolitan movie theater run three documentaries in a row.

And, Jessica, on "The Homecoming": you know who does stand-up in Hell don't
you? Harold Pinter, Samuel Beckett, and Eugene Ionesco are the
headliners...every night, all night.

Best,

Randy

Randy Pitman
Publisher/Editor
Video Librarian
8705 Honeycomb Ct. NW
Seabeck, WA 98380
Tel: (800) 692-2270; Fax: (360) 830-9346
Email: vidlib@videolibrarian.com
Web: www.videolibrarian.com