RE: [Videolib] Dvd/VCR players

Chris McNevins (Chris.McNevins@uconn.edu)
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:58:07 -0400

Maurine:

My husband bought a JVC 32 inch screen TV and a JVC VCR/DVD combo player for
us at Christmas. As it turned out, the TV and the player were NOT
compatible. The VCR and DVD components (as far as I can tell) required
separate connectivity to the TV. The TV could accept the DVD portion, but
not the VCR. There was no place to hook up the video from the VCR so while
the TV had sound, it had no picture when playing VHS tapes. The only way I
found to play VHS was to hook up our OLD player to the front end inputs.

I sent my husband to Radioshack to get a coaxial cable to see if that would
work. He brought back gold A/V cable because the clerk at the store told
him that co-ax cable is hardly used anymore.

So....the moral of the story is: 1) make sure the monitor and BOTH
components of the player are compatible, and 2) go to the store yourself....

Chris McNevins
University Library Assistant II
University of Connecticut
Homer Babbidge Library
Collections Services / Acquisitions-Monographs
369 Fairfield Rd. Unit 1005AM
Storrs, CT 06269-1005

phone: 860-486-3842
fax: 860-486-6493