Re: [Videolib] Query: Elusive Latin American feature films on

Sarah Andrews (sarah-andrews@uiowa.edu)
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 15:56:51 -0500

At 02:52 PM 8/8/2003, you wrote:

>I don't have much hope in finding these as I wasn't able to locate them in
>OCLC, at least on video, or among any of the usual distibutor suspects.
>Some of the titles I am familiar with and am 99% sure have never been on
>video but I've kept them on the list just in case
>

>- Cidade de Deus (City of God), D: Fernando Meirelles/Katia Lund, Brazil,
>2002.

One of our faculty members claims this will be released on Buena Vista
later this year--we've got it on order, but I'm doubtful.

>- Solo con tu pareja (Love in the Time of Hysteria/Only with Your Partner),
>D: Alfonso Cuarón, Mexico, 1992.

We got this one from Lava (http://lavavideo.org/) a few years ago. They
don't sell it right now, but may be able to help you find it. If you are
desperate, our library loans most videos via ILL.

>- Gaijin: Os Caminos da Liberdade (Gaijin: A Brazilian Odyssey/Gaijin:
>Roads to Freedom), D: Tizuka Yamasaki, Brazil, 1980.

Lava says they may be able to find it.

>- Tango feróz: la leyenda de tanguito (Wild Tango), D: Marcelo Piñeyro,
>Argentina, 1993.

Again, Lava might be able to help you.

Sarah Andrews
Monographic Acquisitions