RE: [Videolib] CD-ROMs

Mike Tribby (mike.tribby@quality-books.com)
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:12:19 -0500

>>I was under the impression that XP's "compatability mode" allowed many
older programs to run, sometimes better than with >>>>98/ME?

Ha! It might do better than 98/ME, and the fact that XP rarely crashes is
much appreciated, but truly older programs don't interact very well with XP
in my experience. Of course that could have to do with the programs I
usually run (cataloging software, a nightmare in itself) and with the aging,
close-minded operator.

I think it's helpful to remember that to many of the whizbangs at Micorsoft
an "old" program is one that came out in 2000.

Mike Tribby
Senior Cataloger
Quality Books Inc.

I was under the impression that XP's "compatability mode" allowed many older
programs to run, sometimes better than with 98/ME?

(I don't use XP myself yet, as I've managed to wrestle ME into submission
LOL)

Benjamin D. Sprague
Circulation Supervisor /
Technology Services