[Videolib] Lost/Replacement costs for series

Sally Wellman (swellman@pelican.state.lib.la.us)
Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:55:01 -0500

--=======730C7C1=======

--=======730C7C1=======

--=====================_111034813==.ALT

We charge the replacement cost of the damaged/lost item only. If the item
is out of print, we charge them the average video cost as per the Bowker
Annual. Our individual patrons can have 25 library items checked out at
one time. There is no limit for borrowing libraries. Theoretically, an
entire series can be checked out to one person or one institution. They
can keep the lost item or return it for a refund in the same fiscal
year. (We've actually had patrons return lost items and not want their
refund. They say just consider it a donation.)

Sally S. Wellman
Assistant Coordinator, Special Services
& Manager, Audiovisual Resource Center
State Library of Louisiana