Re: [Videolib] Styrofoam

nadine (wpl_nadine@yahoo.com)
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 17:37:21 -0700 (PDT)

--0-45286661-1060303041=:85830

One thing you might consider are the spring-type curtain rods. I have a couple bookcases that do not have a divider between the front and back. The rod prevents books from being shoved to the other side (and we are talking skinny picture books and preschoolers!!)
Nadine

Gary Handman <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu> wrote:Styrofoam shreds over time, John...think I'd avoid it.

gary

At 03:03 PM 8/7/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all
>I have a question. I am in process of reconfiguring my shelves so our
>vhs tapes will stand vertically rather than horizontally. (I read in
>Gary's book that that is better.) The shelves however are deep and to
>keep the tapes close to the edge, I was going to get some styrofoam to
>make spacers to put behind the tapes. Is there any problem using
>styrofoam this way, it doesn't offgas anything that will deteriorate my
>ancient VHS collection?
>Thanks
>John

Nadine Lipman