Re: [Videolib] Core Video Collection Advice

MileFilms@aol.com
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:25:26 EDT

--part1_f6.2ed7bae2.2c62cc46_boundary

In a message dated 8/6/03 5:06:12 PM, DHardwicke@cfv.org writes:

> Would you know where you could get a list for =E2=80=9Cclassic=E2=80=9D or=
top films=20
> (Mexican, Hispanic, Latino) for those ethnic groups?
>=20
The Sight and Sound lists have people from all over the world vote, so it=20
might be fairly representative. However, I would also suggest web searches a=
nd=20
talking to film scholars. And of course, there might be people in the commun=
ity=20
with knowledge as well.

And on second thought, going through compiled lists isn't the only way to go=
.=20
There are many, many wonderful books on just about every national cinema --=20
this is a library listserv, isn't it? :-) =20

We should take a poll of everybody's favorite books on cinema and encourage=20
one and all to read them.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_f6.2ed7bae2.2c62cc46_boundary

In a message dated 8/6/03 5:06:12 PM, DHardwicke@cfv.org writes:

Would you know where=20= you could get a list for =E2=80=9Cclassic=E2=80=9D or top films (Mexican, Hi= spanic, Latino) for those ethnic groups?

The Sight and Sound lists have people from all over the world vote, so it mi= ght be fairly representative. However, I would also suggest web searches and= talking to film scholars. And of course, there might be people in the commu= nity with knowledge as well.

And on second thought, going through compiled lists isn't the only way to go= . There are many, many wonderful books on just about every national cinema -= - this is a library listserv, isn't it? :-)