Re: [Videolib] More on Chan Films

Media2 (media2@bellatlantic.net)
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 17:10:47 -0400

Just saw an early Jackie Chan film on TV last week. All the characters
who are suppose to be Englishmen are Chinese with round eye make up.
Can't help but wonder if NAATA has these films on their hit list also.
Jack Soo - a Chinese-American played a Vietnamese Colonel in the "Green
Berets", will FOX never show that again for PC reasons or purely
esthetic reasons? Stereotypes? Every Eastern Pacific Rim person I know
- M or F - gets asked at least once a month what kind of martial arts
they know. Where does that stereotype come from? Couldn't possibly be
from images in films . . . . I gotta stop looking for logic . . .
"Search for logic sometimes like looking through key hole with glass eye."