Re: [Videolib] Journals about cinema in India

MileFilms@aol.com
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:52:40 EDT

--part1_17b.1ddbb288.2c5a9548_boundary

In a message dated 7/31/03 10:02:12 AM, delin@zlb.de writes:

> Dear Videolibbers,
>
> my question is a little bit off-topic: we are searching for journals
> about Bollywood and the Cinema in India (in english language). What are
> your recommendations? Many thanks in advance.
>
> With kind regards
> Peter Delin/Videolektorat
> Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin

Peter,

Well, they're not journals, but the May/June 2002 issue of Film Comment had a
great section on Bollywood including a list of many resources that are
available. Abstracts from this can be found at <A HREF="http://filmlinc.com/archive/fcm/fcmarchive.htm">
http://filmlinc.com/archive/fcm/fcmarchive.htm</A> and you can also purchase it for $4.95 at the site.

More importantly, the quarterly Cinemaya, published in India, is a great
English language magazine on all films Asian.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
PO Box 128
Harrington Park, NJ 07640
Phone: (800) 603-1104 or (201) 767-3117
Fax: (201) 767-3035
Email: milefilms@aol.com
www.milestonefilms.com

--part1_17b.1ddbb288.2c5a9548_boundary

my question is a little bit off-topic: we are searching for journals
about Bollywood and the Cinema in India (in english language). What are
your recommendations? Many thanks in advance.

With kind regards
Peter Delin/Videolektorat
Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin

Peter,

Well, they're not journals, but the May/June 2002 issue of Film Comment h= ad a great section on Bollywood including a list of many resources that are=20= available. Abstracts from this can be found at http://filmlinc.com/archive/fcm/fcmarchive.= htm and you can also purchase it for $4.95 at the site.