RE: [Videolib] Internet 2

Debbie Hardwicke (DHardwicke@cfv.org)
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 11:36:10 -0400

------_=_NextPart_001_01C356B0.4D27D556

Mark - I would be interested in learning more about this, but the below
link appears not to be working. I even tried www.eschoolnews.com
<http://www.eschoolnews.com/> and couldn't get anything. Have you
accessed the site lately? Have any problems accessing it?

=20

Thanks.

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark W. Kopp [mailto:iu8film@iu08.org]=20
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 10:58 AM
To: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
Subject: [Videolib] Internet 2

=20

For those of you who are interested in IP delivery of Digitized Video,
this should be of great interest. Internet2 is the next step in IP
evolution. It provides for astronomical download speeds and is being
developed by the educational community, primarily at the University
level.

The speeds of I2 are so fast that with an I2 connection, you could
download a full 4.5 gig DVD (that's a DVD, not a CD) in less than 3
seconds! It might not be feasible for most institutions right now, but
it is the future of the web. This would allow full motion streaming to
be the norm rather than a wish.

The link provided is to an article from eschoolnews, an e-zine for
educators, so you'll have to enter your name and register to view the
article...but it's well worth your time.

Announcement of I2 availability to K-12 institutions:
http://www.eschoolnews.com/news/showStory.cfm?ArticleID=3D344&ref=3Dwo

****=20
Mark W. Kopp=20
Circulation Coordinator=20
Appalachia Intermediate Unit 8=20
Instructional Materials Services Department=20
580 Foot of Ten Road=20
Duncansville, Pa 16635=20
(814) 695-1972 Phone=20
(814) 695-3018 Fax=20
E-Address:=20
mailto:iu8film@iu08.org=20
See us on the Web at:=20
http://www.iu08.org=20
Click on; "Instructional Materials Services"=20

------_=_NextPart_001_01C356B0.4D27D556

Mark – I would be interested = in learning more about this, but the below link appears not to be = working.  I even tried www.eschoolnews.com = and couldn’t get anything.  Have you accessed the site lately?  Have any = problems accessing it?

Thanks.

-----Original = Message-----
[...]

*****************************= ***********************************************
Mark W. Kopp