[Videolib] Security cases

Mike Boedicker (mboedicker@hotmail.com)
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 17:08:01 -0500

For durability and easy opening by circ staff, Kwik cases can't be beat. A
DVD case was stuck closed once and I had to pound the hell out of it with a
screwdriver and hammer to get it open. Biggest problem with Kwik cases is
they're expensive (almost $5 per unit for DVD & VHS) and the original DVD
cases don't stay upright on shelves very well (although their new "Slimline"
case appears to have solved that problem).

Mike Boedicker
Audiovisual Director & Webmaster
Danville Public Library
319 N. Vermilion, Danville, IL 61832
(217) 477-5223 ext. 123 / Fax: (217) 477-5230
Library homepage: http://www.danville.lib.il.us
Personal homepage: http://homepage.cooketech.net/~michaelj/

------------

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:20:54 -0500
From: "Tatar, Becky" <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us>
To: "'videolib@library.berkeley.edu'" <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: [Videolib] Security cases
Message: 1

Not quite video, but dvd and cd oriented. After only producing the
product
for about 2 years, Alpha Security is discontinuing the line of security
cases we used for cds and dvds. After I finished screaming in my office,
wrote our two branches to let them know, and now I need to know what
everyone else uses. I know Kwik case is out there, but I am not familiar
with it. I will be perusing the catalogs, but it is so nice to have real
world information. Thanks so much. I need to go scream some more.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals, Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library
1 E. Benton Street