Re: [Videolib] interfiling in public libraries

Mark W. Kopp (iu8film@iu08.org)
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 11:21:34 -0400

--=====================_11822941==.ALT

Ellen,

A great way to address this (especially if your software is set up to do
so) is to have the related materials flagged by your booking system. When
someone checks out one, it notifies that there is accompanying materials
and you simply send them along also. The benefit is that you show another
booking...you can never have too many bookings and it helps those precious
numbers.

Mark
*************************************
At 09:39 AM 7/28/03 -0400, you wrote:
>What are the experiences with interfiling media with print? Has anyone
>done it? What do the patrons think about it? We were considering
>interfiling our non-fic audiobooks with the regular books, but then
>naturally the conversation extended to the rest of the media collection
>(video, dvd, cd-rom, etc.) One thought was to interfile all the media
>together, but not with the books. So you'd have a media collection to
>browse, and a print section to browse. I'd love to get any feedback before
>I bring it up to the director. Thanks!
>
>Ellen

Mark W. Kopp
Circulation Coordinator